Kylee

Kylee

Friday, January 3, 2014

December 25, 2013



MERRY CHRISTMAS! They´re giving us just a half hour to email today!
But better then nothing! I still have p day tomorrow, so I'll email
everyone back then when I have more time! I just wanted to wish
everyone a Merry Christmas and hope you guys have had a fun Christmas!
This morning as we were reading in Luke 2 with our district I thought
Grandpa probably read it last night with everyone! So good to remember
the real meaning of Christmas! Which is pretty much the only meaning
we have out here, so it's good! If you get a chance, you should also
read 1 Nephi 11 and Mosiah 15-16. I love that since we always teach
that the Bible and the Book of Mormon compliment eachother, that the
BOM also has the story of Christ's birth as well. This Christmas I
realized something that didn't really click before. Christmas we
celebrate Christ's birth, but we are also celebrating His life and His
atonement.  Last night in our Devotional Elder Evans said that the
best way to celebrate is birth and His life is to do His work. Which
is exactly what I'm doing and I couldn't be happier! This Christmas
has been great so far, and it will probably just keep getting better,
it's just a kind of Christmas that I've never had before. We did a
service project just barely, putting together baby kits for families
in need. It was seriously so fun! I love being a missionary, I love
this gospel and I love this Christmas season where we can really focus
on the Savior. (This paragraph is so long because the computer won't
let me return.. haha) Anyway, just one last thought! I love this quote
from Elder Tad R. Callister, "The objective of the Atonement is not
just to cleanse us, but to so transform our lives and our way of
thinking and acting that we become like God." Use the Atonement
everyday to not just be cleansed, but to become like God! Yo se que la
iglesia es verdadera y el evangelio ayundarnos en nuestra vida si
nosotros venimos a Cristo. Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es las
palabras de Dios. Si nosotros estudiamos las escripturas nosotros
podemos recibir reveleccion. En nombre de Jesucristo, amen. (grammar
might be wrong, but hey, it's coming!) Til tomorrow! Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment