Kylee

Kylee

Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014

Hey! Glad to hear you're liking your new calling! Sounds pretty entertaining! haha. I don't think my shoulder problem is from the car accident. That was forever ago. But I have physical therapy today, I got my blood work done last week, so I will get the results this week, and no worries, I will get a flu shot! haha Goodness health problems! Don't ya know I'm trying to be a missionary here!

But this week! Where to even begin. We had an awesome week, but then yesterday just kind of ruined the whole week. We're just trying to stay positive. We had awesome lessons with the Medina family all week, they were super excited about temples, they were reading together as a family, and I just felt part of the family! Then Sunday before church, they dropped us out of no where. Huge blow. Then we had everything all set and ready for the baptism, everyone was at the stake center, the font filled, and everything, and we go with Araseli's ride to pick her up and she said she couldn't do it. OUCH. We were standing outside her house for an hour talking to her, all of us crying.

Long story short she doesn't have any support from her family, no one is talking to her and it really hurts her cause she hasn't done anything with out her family. She said she's just so torn because she wants to get baptized so bad, and knows it's the right thing to do, but she doesn't feel right with all the stuff with her family. She concluded that she just wants to talk to all of them to help them understand why she's doing it, and even if she doesn't get their support she's still going to do it. Oh man. We just went home and cried for a couple of hours the went to bed. It was a super hard day. I'm just worried cause this exact same thing happened with Jesus, and he never got baptized. I don't want Satan to get to Araseli, and have that happen too. 

We've been talking to her this morning and she's going to her mom's house today to talk to her. And now we have another obstacle that she's going to start working at nights, so we would have to do the baptism in the morning, which we don't even know is possible. We have to talk to bishop. So yeah! That's been our life the past couple of days! I had a reflecting moment and I was like whoa, why does this even effect me so much? It's amazing how much I've changed and how much the Savior's love has penetrated through me to have this love for these people. Last night when Carlson and I were just laying there crying, I thought of a verse in the Book of Mormon of the Sons of Mosiah in 28:3

"Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yeah, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble."

I always wanted to be a missionary like the sons of mosiah, and at that moment I felt a little piece of how they felt and how the Savior felt. The mission is the hardest thing ever. But it's the time when I can feel more like the Savior in my whole life. I'm grateful for the opportunities to learn and to grow, even when sometimes it just seems easier to give up. But! We're going to keep pressing forward! Please keep Araseli in your prayers! Have a great week! 

Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment