Kylee

Kylee

Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6, 2014

Buenas tardes!
So update on the health stuff real fast: I've been going to physical therapy twice a week, and it's been helping! I did mention to him the accident and he said it very well could be because some times it takes months or years to even show. But we don't really know! And I don't really know what he does, all these weird machine things, but they feel good haha! The thyroid test came back negative, so that's good! But at the same time, we still don't know what's causing it, so Sis. Crippen, our nurse said she'll investigate it more.
Now enough of that boring stuff! Time for the best news! ARASELI GOT BAPTIZED! I can finally have relief! It was going like back and forth all week cause she talked to her mom, and fixed things there, but then she got a job that now she works every night, so she wanted to do her baptism during the day, but no one in the bishopric could, so it was just about finding the time! SO! We did it inbetween the sessions of General Conference Saturday! So great! Still none of her family came, but it's so amazing the faith that she has. She's so strong! But she said that there's no way she can leave it when the gospel and going to church makes her so happy! I love that, cause it's so true! The gospel of Jesus Christ truly makes us happy. And if we're not happy, we need to take a step back and evaluate ourselves in what we're not doing to apply the gospel in our lives, and without fail, it will make us happy!
I hope you enjoyed conference as much as I did! It was so amazing! I've been trying to decide this whole time which talk was my favorite, and I literally can't choose haha I know I'm so indecisive. But I love the themes that were talked about! Sustaining our leaders, standing up for what we know-but not being overbearing, the sacrament, how we have to have our strong testimony and conversion. I just loved it all! I'm super excited for the conference issue to come out so I can enjoy it all over again:) We also had the chance to watch "Meet the Mormons" and holy cow, it was AMAZING! Seriously everyone needs to see it and invite everyone to it! This weekend! GO SEE IT! It was very well done!  
Updates on people: the Medina family offically dropped us yesterday when we dropped by. That was a stab in the heart. But we'll keep praying they'll come around. I love their family! Then like 5 other people dropped us too this weekend. So that was fun. Opposition in all things. hahaBut that's okay! We know it's for a reason and we have a huge list of potentials that we need to visit, so we know there are elect people on that list! It's just a matter of seeing them!
Esmerelda is still doing good! We asked her if she has been praying about her baptism date for the end of the month and she said yeah and we're like okay, how do you feel? And she's like, I think it's a... YES. Booyah! We're so excited for her! Her testimony is growing so much and you can just see the light in her eyes I love it! She's pretty much our only solid right now, so we just have to find the elect! Have an awesome week! Love you :)
Hermana Nelson
p.s. we jump started a lady's car yesterday all by ourselves, look at all this stuff I'm learning on a mission! haha :)


Araseli's Baptism

Araseli's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment