Kylee

Kylee

Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1, 2014

Heyyyy! Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! We did as well, but you're right, I did miss my banana cream pie ;) Gloria invited us over for lunch, but when we got there was not done! So basically we cooked it because she still had to shower and get ready haha Hna. Glenn and I realized we know more about cooking then we thought we did! So we ended up being there for like 3 hours... and then it ended up being more like dinner. But it was really good. It made Gloria's day! Her family is a little crazy, so it was basically just us! However, right after that we had dinner with the Ortiz family. Oh my goodness. I thought I was going to die. I was already full, and I had to do it again! There were moments when I was like, "oh man, I'm not going to make it" haha but luckily I kept it all down! Hna. Glenn and I got in the car after and just wanted to die haha SO MUCH FOOD! But it was all really good! Then all the missionaries in Corona went to the Stake center for the night and we played soccer! I had to sit out the first game til my stomach settled though haha but it was a really good day!
Thanks for the Thanksgiving package! We ended up making the cookies with Monica and her kids and they loved it! I'll send a picture! They're so cute! It was fun, and then we were able to teach their whole family. But they didn't come to church again :( We were super sad! If they don't start really progressing soon, then we might have to drop them. Same with Gloria. She is the hardest person to teach! I love her to death, but she just gets so distracted and doesn't understand anything. She did come to church though! This transfer has just been so hard investigator wise. We are trying sooo hard and nothing is really coming from it. I know there are people ready here, it's just a matter of finding them! So we're just going to keep trying our best!
I am really excited about the new little video the church came out with for Christmas! If you haven't seen it yet, go see it! "He is the Gift"christmas.mormon.org and share it all over sociall media and with everyone! It's super good! I love it! We had a training on it with President Mullen this week on using it with everyone, so I think it will help us find some good people! The church is putting a lot into it! It's going to be on Time Square, it's going to be on the youtube home page, it's going everywhere! In the Ensigns it has 9 cards with the website on it, so make sure you pass them out to people :) It's a great way to feel the true meaning of Christmas. This is the special time of year that we can really focus on the Savior and give and serve to others as he would do. That's so awesome that you are studying the Gospels! Right? It's crazy how much more we can learn from it! You'll have to share with me some of your insights :) Well hope you have a great week! Love you: )
Hermana Nelson

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving





Making the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Mom Sent!



No comments:

Post a Comment