Kylee

Kylee

Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014

Buenas tardes! :) I don't even know where to begin! So I guess the best news first! ALEX GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY! YAY! It was so great! He had literally been counting down the days, and yesterday morning he said the wait was so long but now it's finally here! He's soo good! And he's already started doing missionary work. Talking with people at his work about everything. Then when we taught him about temples this week, he started tearing up! He's soo excited for everything! It was just a great day yesterday :) And Hna. Dulong came back for the baptism! So that was fun to see her :)
So you're probably wondering about Gloria. Oh Gloria. She has been my stress and trial this week haha but it's okay! Growing week for sure! So Wednesday was probably the most stressful day of my mission. It's a realllllly long story, so I won't get into all of it, but she called us and wanted to cancel everything, then we finally got her to get the baptismal interview since it was with President Plocher, but she was an hour late, then she didn't pass cause she said she can't promise to not drink in the future. She hasn't drank, but the reason she didn't pass is because she still doesn't completely understand obidence. So we're still working with her. And she came to Alex's baptism yesterday to see what a baptism is like, so hopefully that helped! We haven't been able to talk to her about it yet.
Then a number of other things happened Wednesday and I was just so stressed out and overwhelmed, then thinking that it's all on me cause I'm the trainer and yeah it was just a little rough! Lots and lots of prayers! BUT of course we know that Heavenly Father always answers prayers, and I just want to share a little bit about my answer. The next day during personal study I just happened to read this in D&C and it was one of those moments when I felt like it was talking to me. So it was D&C 29:3-7 and here's what it says:
3 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, that at this time your sins are forgiven you, therefore ye receive these things; but remember to sin no more, lest perils shall come upon you.4 Verily, I say unto you that ye are chosen out of the world to declare my gospel with the sound of rejoicing, as with the voice of a trump.
5 Lift up your hearts and be glad, for I am in your midst, and am your advocate with the Father; and it is his good will to give you the kingdom.
6 And, as it is written—Whatsoever ye shall ask in faith, being united in prayer according to my command, ye shall receive.
7 And ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts
In that moment the burden that I felt was lifted and I was reminded what I was called here to do. I'm set apart to to declare is gospel. Then the reminder to lift up my heart cause I'm not alone and he's always with me doing this work just as hard as I am. And with all these prayers that I've been giving, I will receive when the time is right. To gather the elect at this time. REVELATION to the MAX. And then no joke right then the doorbell rang and I got my package from you guys which just sealed the deal! Heavenly Father answers prayers! And I know we can recieve soo much revelation, comfort, and guidance through the scriptures! Just think, if I didn't read that day, who knows what would have happened! So that's why I challenge everyone to make sure you read at least a little everyday!
Then today as well I went to breakfast at President Mullen's house to say goodbye to Sis. Schmidt who is leaving today. So that was hard, but I'm glad I got to say goodbye to her. She's awesome :) But. The homeshare in Perris is closing down :( only 2 sets of Elders in Menifee/Perris now.
Sorry this email is oooober long. But just a funny tidbit that happened this week. Long story short, misunderstanding, 3 men came into our apartment trying to sell us Kurby vacuums? hahaha soo funny. We were dying laughing after. But I ended up just OYMing them and gave one of the guys a Book of Mormon! So just goes to show you everything happens for a reason!
Have a great week! Love you!
Hermana Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment