Kylee

Kylee

Monday, January 19, 2015

January 19, 2015

Hey! Happy Martin Luther King day (we just barely found out about that) and anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I'm jealous! I can't believe the fire alarm went off though! That's hilarious! hahah yep I can still taste the cricket. We made the elders eat some too and it was so funny. 

So this week was awesome!!!! Best news first: Jorge passed his interview and is for sure getting baptized next week!! Yay!! We're so excited! And so is he :) He's just the cutest little old man :) Yesterday at church when we were leaving ward council, I turn around and see him sitting there reading his scriptures! He got to church like an hour early just to read :) He has progressed so much so quickly it's amazing! He told of of the members, "They knocked on my door, and the spirit knocked on my heart." Probably the best quote ever. He's great! His family is still pretty spotty, but we're going to be working with them! We're excited for them to come to his baptism since the spirit is always so strong. 

We also had a few lessons with Guadelupe and her cute family. Her husband is a member and his whole family are members. She really wants to get baptized, but they're not married so she can't, and they want to get married but somthing about that there's like a new law coming out in May that they can get papers, but they can't get married til after that? We're not really sure. It's really complicated, so we're going to see what we can do about that. 

The Sixtos are doing pretty good! They're sloooowly progressing, but still progressing! They still won't accept a baptism date, but they did read in the BOM finally and they came to church again! So that was a huge relief! But they still haven't stayed for the classes, so we're working on that for this week. They're such a cute family though! The parents are just super hard to read. I never really know what they actually think about everything haha

Okay! So miracles! We had 6 people at church yesterday! We were so happy!!! Jorge, Guadelupe, The Sixtos, and Sara. So awesome!! We were definitely blessed a ton! And so Sara we just met on the street on Saturday night and invited her to come, and she did! So we're excited to see what happens with her :) 

We've also had some exchanges with the sisters lately, and man, exchanges is always an adventure! I went to Moreno Valley, I had to drive there, they didn't have a GPS so we were using a map, and she didn't know how to use a map, so as you can imagine, it was interesting. hahaha But it was fun. I also had to drive in Anza! (a truck too, so it was fun, it made me miss fred haha) So I'm getting to know the mission real well! Anza is like 2 hours from Riverside! It's seriously in the middle of no where! It was so weird! And it was an english exchange so I went into english land. I missed my Spanish world :) But all the sisters here are so awesome and I'm learning a lot from them! It's fun to be able to serve with them :) 

Well that about does it! Oh wait! We went hiking this morning with the Elders and that was super fun! I can't remember if I mentioned that we can now do zone activities with the Elders twice a month? So it was fun! Well hope you have a great week! Love you! 

Hermana Nelson :) 

Exchange in Anza

Exchange in Anza

No comments:

Post a Comment