Kylee

Kylee

Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014


HEY! Right?? I love D&C 84:88. SUCH a special promise that He and His angels are always with us! So don't worry! I have the best kind of protection :) And thanks for all your prayers! They must be working cause this week has been really great! So I'm just going to go in order so this email won't be all over the place. A lot to say this week! So we went to the temple Tuesday, and of COURSE it was AMAZING. There's no better place in the world then the temple :) I can't wait til I can go every week again! So great! Bishop's wife, Sister Hill took us, so that was super fun! (pictures attached-I have LOTS of pictures to send today) Then, fun little side note- there's a CafĂ© Rio in Redlands, so we went there and it was SUPER good. Totally not Mexican food, but I've missed my pork salad ;)

So Norma hasn't drank since Tuesday! So that's a miracle! She's doing a lot better! BUT. She has been working a ton, so we've only been able to talk to her on the phone this week! (but everyday-daily contact ;)) And she didn't come to church yesterday... so we'll find out what happened tonight, but she's definitely improving!

Sarahi and her family are progressing too! We had a really great lesson with them and they said they know it's true and want to get baptized, they just want to feel ready. But Sarahi still thinks Yaxuri is too young.. so we'll work on that! And we need to get Sarahi and Sergio married. But they LOVE coming to church! And Sara (the oldest daughter) LOVES young women's and all the young women are doing an awesome job fellowshipping her in! And Yarany is like her best friend! It's great! Our RC is doing missionary work :) It's helping her a lot. They all still have A LOT on their plate and have a really tough life, but I can already see how the gospel is changing them and making them so much happier! It's only a matter of time! They're great! Yaxuri is the cutest and always draws me pictures, says we're best friends and teaches me all these little games, she's so funny. She's 9. We're going over on Wednesday for a cleaning service project, so that will be fun! And interesting cause they have like 10 cats and a couple dogs that live in their house (pic included of their family as well).

So we got transfer calls Saturday! Sis. Graham is leaving! She's going to Riverside to be an STL with Sis. Williams! So that's super funny! My comps are going to be comps! And weird that all my comps turn into STL's haha But I'm staying here! YEAH! Everyone thought I was going to be leaving! And so did I! But I'm so glad I'm staying! This is my home! I just want to stay here my whole mission :) So we said goodbye to a lot of people this weekend for Sis. Graham. So sad! I don't know how I'm going to say goodbye to people! Sis. Schmidt is going to be my new comp! Haven't met her yet, and no one knows much about her cause she was in Chile on her mission, but cause of health stuff got sent home, and now she's in our mission! She came here like 2 transfers ago? I'm not sure! I'll let you know more next week! But I'm sooo sad Graham and I are being split up! We are so alike that we got along SUPER well! It's going to be sooo hard to say goodbye to her today!

But!!!! ERNESTO GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY! (had to save the best news for last right?)  Such an amazing way to end the transfer! He has so much faith and desire to follow Christ! He's grown so much! That's definitely the best thing about being a missionary! Watching people's lives change and watching them get that light! Aw :) I love it :) And now we're going to start teaching his wife and kids so they can all go to the temple together :)

Well that's pretty much it! Sorry for the SUPER long email! But have a great week :) Love you! And here comes the baaaagilllion pics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment